From the OFFICE OF THE COMPTROLLER, CITY OF NEW YORK, the new Prevailing Wages and Supplemental Benefits rates are available. This means that buildings that fall into a certain category are required by law to pay their Handyperson, Porter or Elevator Operator a "prevailing wage." This includes a hourly rate, as well as a supplemental benefits rate, which covers sick days, personal days, vacation days and holiday pay. For the full publication, see our uploaded PDF Publication below.
To make things a bit easier for you to calculate the Prevailing Wages of your building staff, we created an online calculator below. Moreover, it covers:
- 1Employer's taxes, which is over and beyond the total gross wages you pay;
- 2Workers Compensation and Disability Insurance, which covers things like job-related injuries
- 3Holiday Pay, Vacation Pay and other benefits
- 4Apartment + Paid Utilities, for "live-in" staff members
Version 3.0 - published May 6, 2022
- Integrated "Annualization" for calculating the offset amount (against the supplemental benefits rate) due to any existing Employer's benefits
Version 2.0 - published March 21, 2022
- Added Security Guard (unarmed) as option
- Ability to add or remove Holidays
- Show Days, Weeks and Month of Employment
Discover the Building Superintendent Blog
Stay up to date with the latest tips & tools for pro communicators.